Single-stage centrifugal pumps with closed impeller for thermal oil.
- TCD pump series are specifically designed to handle thermal fluids up to 320˚C without special cooling systems. In the active cooling version "XT" it is possible to pump diathermic fluids up to a temperature of 365 °C.
- The heat from the pumped product is greatly blocked by special “heat barrier” chamber located between the pump casing and the impeller. The bearing frame has been especially designed with cooling fins to effectively dissipate the heat coming from the pump casing so that standard, simple and single mechanical seal can be safely used. The rotor is supported with oversized ball bearings of the C3 series that are lubricated with oil of medium viscosity.
- Pump casings and impellers are the same as for pump TCH series smaller two frames.
- Materials of construction are Ductile iron or Stainless steel AISI 316. For the latter construction it is possible to have a special seal arrangement “SP”.
- Pump dimensions and characteristics are in accordance to ISO 2858/DIN 24256 standards and are the same as for the correspondent models from the TCH series.
- Capacity up to 350 m3/h and head up to 10 bar.
TCD/SP pump series has been especially designed to handle vegetable oils.
The design varies from the standard TCD series only in the mechanical seal area; an intermediate cover has been added beyond the mechanical seal. This intermediate cover should be connected to a reservoir containing oil compatible with the pumped fluid. This device avoids that, in case of mechanical seal breakdown, air can enter into the pump irreparably oxidating the pumped oil or that oil of bearings enter into pumping circuit or vice versa.